Saturday, August 7, 2010

Challenges to Action Research Project

My action research plan is progressing very well. On Friday, a group of teachers and I gathered to write our Campus Improvement Plan, plan staff development for the first week back from summer, and develop our theme and long range plan. Integral to the goals of our campus is the action research plan that I have described so far. Two main concerns emerge as we discuss implementing the plan. First, we must find committee members from among our parents and community that are willing to invest in the plan and oversee it to the end. I am having difficulty recruiting more than just teachers and staff to come alongside this plan. Also, time is a major challenge. I need someone who is willing to develop a portfolio design that will facilitate the home connection, two teachers that are willing to model writer's workshop, and someone who is willing to build relationships with local media outlets to support our writing contest. Both stem from a lack of buy-in on the part of the stakeholders, and there is no way for me to draw a group to go over data sooner than September 14th. I need something that I can do now that will convey a sense of urgency to stakeholders and increase parent and community involvement with the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment